IN PROGRESS PROJECT – BRIGHT POLYMER UNIT
FIL started implementing Bright Polymer project at Dahej with a capacity of 190 TPD of FDY, 25 TPD of POY, 85 TPD Brights Chips. The project is expected to be completed by Jan’2018 and start its production. Filatex successfully started its Trial Production on 11th January 2018 and hopes to soon commence the commercial production.
POLYESTER CONTINUOUS POLYCONDENSATION UNIT
FIL has put up poly-condensation facility of approx. 300 MT per day capacity, which is a minimum economic size for Poly-condensation unit. It may be noted that presently, the POY capacity of FIL stands at 45000 TPA, which amounts to approx. 130 MT per day. Therefore, along with the poly-condensation unit, the Company also proposes to increase its POY spinning capacity to:
- Match the poly-condensation capacity.
- Realign its position in line with the capacity expansion announced/being undertaken by other major industry players.
The unit is a Continuous Poly-condensation unit, which offers the following advantages as compared to a Batch Poly-condensation unit:
- Reduction in power, packing & transportation costs.
- Reduction in process time.
- Reduction in wastage due to avoidance of handling and storage requirements.
The above project will aim at the:
- Timely availability of raw material.
- Reduction in raw material costs.
- Reduction of fixed cost per unit considerably.
- Improve profitability of the company on account of economies of scale